Monday, July 14, 2008

A wedding in Idaho Falls

This weekend we had the opportunity to head up to Idaho Falls and participate in the sealing of one of Andy's mission friends, Briant Giles. I'd met him a few times before and we actually met his now wife at our wedding last year. Neither of us had ever been to Idaho Falls but we really enjoyed our time there. It's such a beautiful little place. With flowers everywhere, I became totally obsessed with the town's hanging plants that were on every corner. So beautiful! The snake river is running right through town and its huge! I was just amazed at another beautiful place we have to enjoy on the earth.
The wedding went perfectly, they were sealed by Elder Groberg who is the temple president there and it was awesome. He said 5 things to do to keep your marriage strong. They are:
  • Daily family prayer
  • Daily family scripture study
  • Full tithe payers
  • Regular temple attendance
  • Supporting each other in callings

They seem simple enough but I definitely don't have them mastered and I imagine it only gets harder as your family expands. :)

You can kind of see the "belly" in this pic! It's coming right along! I like it though, it's an awesome experience. I'm super excited to finally feel the little jellybean move. Just for an update we get to have an ultrasound and find out the gender August 11! We're totally excited.
Weddings are fun, especially temple marriages. It's always great to be reminded of your covenants and how powerful they really are, if we can just be faithful. Andy and I were both reminded of our own special day not quite a year ago.


We love this picture! I'm so grateful for my husband, I couldn't have dreamt up anyone better for me. The Lord definitely knows me and exactly what I need. I love him for so many different reason but here are just a few: for the way he looks in his apron, his giggle, his quick forgiveness when I'm bratty(yes it happens). I'm so grateful for the desires of his heart that are pure and worthy goals. I love that he wants to have a family with me and that he chose me. Honey I lub you!



5 comments:

Katie said...

I love the pictures. I haven't had much experience with Idaho Falls, but I never would have guessed it was that pretty...nice to hear it is. I'll have to go sometime! Cute prego belly!!!! I'm so excited for you!

mary said...

Thanks so much for coming to see me and my little sweetness in the hospital! It was so fun to see you and Andy! You guys are going to be such cute parents and by the way you look so cute prego!

Kristie said...

Congratulations! I am excited for you two. You are going to be such a great Mom after all you are such a great sister to all of your brothers and sister. I am excited to hear the news on the 11th. Good luck with everything.

Jenni said...

Hey Katie - thanks for your comment on my blog! And I think you look fantastic!! Congrats too...isn't pregnancy weird, awkard, fun, and exciting at the same time? Don't worry about those pounds....they're for a good reason. But seriously I think you look great. I gained 60 pounds overall ...ugh....despite my best efforts. Oh well I got a cute little munchkin out of it.

Oh by the way, I'm LDS too. Not sure if you knew that. :)

Patricia said...

Ohhhh how precious!! I quite talk to him once on a while and yep, he sure is a great man, he was an excellent missionary!!!! You are blessed for having him as your eternal companion but I bet he is too (even though we don´t know each other) He talks great things about you, he sure is in love!!!!
Congrats for your baby...I voted a boy so we´ll see!!!