Monday, October 20, 2008

Pregnancy...

Ok so this is kind of a random post but it's something to help me remember some of the strange things that I crave or have craved. The first was in my 1st trimester and it was purely for comfort and its stomach settling abilities. Good ol' chicken noodle soup, only Campbell's. :)

Next, and not all that surprising considering I LOVE and have loved my whole life, bubble gum ice cream! Sweet Andy went to at least 2 different grocery stores to track this treat down!
Oh my love for bubble gum...I craved big, huge mouthfuls of any bubble gum I could get my hands on! I had packages and packages of it, in all flavors. I still have a stash of quarters in my purse so any time we pass a gumball machine I can get one!

Last and not least, in fact all the other cravings only lasted a short period but this one continues. I want mexican food!!! I love, love, love it! I can't get enough. I could eat it everyday, twice a day. I'll eat any kind from a restaurant or homemade. In Provo, I can fulfill this by Taco bell but when we are in SLC and I'm lucky I get to go to BARBACOA! Oh just thinking about it makes me happy!




Andy has been so good about it. Luckily he isn't too picky and his motto is "Happy wife, Happy life!" Woohoo! I'll be in SLC a few times this week and so I need to devise a plan as to which day I'll get to indulge my mexican food loving baby boy!

On a side note, we have a doctor's appointment next week. Then we start our every 2 weeks appointments. We're excited. Also, last time I was measuring big so we'll see what this week brings. Also, the baby has found a new trick...it is to stick his head or some other body part under the right side of my rib cage and stretch. Let me tell you, it's not the most comfortable thing and the only way to avoid it is to sit up super straight. The little stinker, full of attitude already!


















6 comments:

lisa said...

Oh niece Katie. I hate to tell you but you might just be having a big baby. You won't recall but Meagan was the biggest baby on our side of the family and she weighed almost 9 pounds and I am pretty short for such a big baby. You might remember that Parker weighed 8lbs. 2oz and he was 15 days early. Sometimes you just get a big baby. Hope your doing okay. Meagan keeps me updated. I am too busy teaching to blog or any other such thing. Plus I am teaching Meagan to drive.

ashley said...

Holy crap that burrito looks good. Way to go Andy finding that bubble gum ice cream, what a good hubby!

Michelle Glauser said...

Nice Halloween decor on the blog! This post totally has your voice in it. Loved it!

Jennifer said...

I have to say you have had some great cravings!! I hope you are doing great!! Love ya!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Big babies are great! They are healthy and chubby and it cute! Jack was 8 lbs 13 oz! He, also, loved to be on the right side in my rib cage. It was so painful that I got checked for gallstones! He stayed like that for about two months and I thought I was going to die! The only thing I ever craved was Pizza! I wanted to eat it every day! Probably a good thing I didn't or I would've gained 100 lbs! Its exciting when you get so close to the end! Can't wait for you, hang in there!

Patricia said...

i cant wait to see baby athens in your arms!!