Friday, October 3, 2008

Yes, this is a real update!

Ok so it's been forever...Andy is a slacker! In his defense he has a lot going on. This is his last semester and he is taking 18 credits and working and so he's super busy. This past weekend we had a birthday party for me, it was so not my idea but it was really fun. We held it at my parents house and just had some hamburgers and brats. It's always fun to get family and a few friends together. Here are a few pictures from that night.

This is the friends table...us, twinings, Ariel, min and Mckell.
The Sevies and Mary chatting under the carport thing.

The parents all sat together and chatted. Don't they look happy?


My 2 best girls! I'm so glad that Minda and Mckell were able to be there. I love them and it's just like old times with the 3 of us together. We're all at different places in our lives(my stage being HUGE) but we have so much fun together. I love you both!

For my birthday Andy cropped this picture for me and blew it up to 11x14 and got a really pretty black wood frame with a double black matte and gave it to me. I love it! It's now hanging in our family room. I love you honey! Thanks for making my birthday special. I especially love the inside jokes that were present in your gifts...fairly odd parents, stick boy and pirates!


I put a couple of bridals on here because we celebrated our 1 year anniversary in August! Also because we actually just picked them up and have been looking at them. I just want to say that Matt Christensen did them and he is an amazing photographer!! The final and maybe main reason I'm putting them on here is because pretty is the last thing I feel about myself these days. I love these pictures and I loved my wedding day, it was perfect.



We've had a couple of scary moments in the past month. The first being that this stubborn little boy who is currently dwelling in my uterus decided to stop moving for 24 hrs. SCARY. We called the doctor, and he had us come in and gave us a quick ultrasound to check everything. Of course he was fine, just turned weird so I couldn't feel him. Just because of how my life is, the second we left the dr's office, he was squirming and moving all around. Then this week, i had sudden shortness of breath and a racing heart and once again called the dr and this time they instructed us to go to the ER. We were there for 7 hours! I had to have an EKG and a CT scan to make sure I didn't have a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in my lungs). I did not, thankfully. It was still a semi traumatic day. Everything is good now, I go to the doctor next week for my 7 month appointment. It's getting close. Ok this post is super long so I'm done. We'll be better at posting I promise. One last thing, I'm making a quilt for my baby and I've got everything I need. I'm just a little nervous so if you have any tips, feel free to tell me. Thanks!


















































I don't know why there is this huge gap butI can't get rid of it!

9 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Katie-
You are looking very adorable! Those two things would've been very scary for me too! I always thought that Jack stopped moving, lucky for me I work in radiology and got ultrasounds whenever I wanted. Your wedding pictures are beautiful, I love to look back at mine too!

I made some pretty cute blankets for Jack, and those are still my favorite ones of his, since I put so much time and effort into them. Good luck with the blanket!

Nikki said...

You look super cute! I love the outfit in your b-day party pics. It's so scary when they don't move for awhile!!! I swear that happens at least once every pregnancy.

Michelle Glauser said...

Yay for birthdays and babies moving again!

Katie said...

I hope your birthday was awesome! I miss you miss Katie!! I hope you don't have anymore of those scares with the little jelly bean! Good luck with the last two months, and with the baby quilt. Love you girl!

Patricia said...

Congrats on your b-day!!! you definatly look beautiful!! A very cute pregnant girl!!!
We´ll have the opportunity to meet in one month!! I am so excited for my trip to Utah!!!!

Ali said...

It is ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry. Good for you for going in to get checked both times. Peace of mind is always worth the time and hassle :) You were a stunning bride and are now a glowing little Mom to be. I agree with Nikki, I love your prego outfit. In terms of advice, I have none for the woman who spent a mission living in Tahiti. You're amazing.

Jacci said...

Happy Birthday!! your party sounded fun! you look so cute! pregnancy is so scary I think. its amazing how much you worry about a little thing in your belly that you have never met! I hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes well!

Tania Jabonero said...

I think you look great!! Katy!! motherhood is great and enjoy every moment!!!And happy b-day!!!

Anna said...

You know...I know exactly how uncute you are feeling right now...but it's amazing how fast that huge not cute bump changes into something really really adorable. It's pretty cool that in just a matter of hours in December most of that will come off! Oh, and in the meantime...you really do look cute!