Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Veteran's day

Yesterday was indeed Veteran's day. I believe this is my dad's fourth year being a veteran. He and my mom celebrated by going out to breakfast! They lead an exciting life! Then because of our crazy life, Andy and I ended up in SLC last night and were able to go to the Huntsman center for a concert. It was so good. All the high school choirs in granite district sing as well as guest soloists, including Alex Boye who has an incredible voice! It was a lot of fun and we're both glad we went. Here are a couple pictures of the orchestra that was made up of vets and those currently serving and the choir of high school students and also of my cute brother and dad.





I just wanted to mention how proud I am to have a dad that has served and continues to serve our country. I know it's people like him who protect our freedoms and allow us to live as we do. I am so grateful for him and all his hard work. I know he wishes he was going out again but I'm glad he isn't. :) Call me selfish but I like my dad home and safe. I'm also really happy he'll be around for the birth of his grandson. I love you dad!
Also, Andy and I are really lucky and proud to have so many family members who currently serve or who have served our country. Thank you all!





3 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

I think I've been to that concert at least ten times in my life. Isn't it great? I always felt like crying when the people in the audience stood up to sing the different songs. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

tortured mormon mom said...

wow! you even blogged about it the next day? crazy. i told you it was a great concert.

packmommy said...

I understand how proud you are of your Dad. I am proud of him too. My son Phillip spent a tour in Kuwait, which was pretty safe, and is now recruiting near Phoenix. I am also glad he is home and safe, but doing his part to help keep our nation and other peoples safe.