Friday, December 5, 2008

The finished product etc...

In the 100 million years that I've been pregnant, we've had lots of decisions to make...where to live, where Andy should work and everything for the baby. Well, one thing we chose was to make the quilt for the nursery. This happened because I could not find anything that I really liked especially since our nursery is going to be black, white and green. I got all the fabric and then tried to find a pattern but nothing was like I wanted :) Maybe I'm just difficult??? Anyways, after Andy designed the pattern exactly according to my wishes (except probably better), we jumped right into making it. Let me just say that it is a good thing we love our son because this was not easy! (neither of us had any experience in making quilts). So after everything it turned out so cute! We totally love it, and mostly we are glad it is finished!!!



Also, we watched Kung Fu Panda the other night and really liked it. It is super cute and funny. We laughed out loud a few times and just really enjoyed it. :)

I went to the Dr yesterday and here are my current stats: measuring 38 weeks, soft cervix, 1/2 cm dilated and thinning. Woo! So nothing too huge but we're getting there! We will gladly welcome "the boy" any day he chooses to come! He's considered full term as of tomorrow, so if anything happens, they won't stop it.




14 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, Katie! That quilt looks awesome!! I can't believe that's the first one you've ever made. :)

tortured mormon mom said...

He CANNOT come until after the 13th.

Nikki said...

Oh. My. Gosh. First time quilters and you come up with THAT? I'm SOOOOO beyond impressed. Way to go!

I loved Kung Fu Panda! Marshall is getting it for Christmas actually.

Good luck delivering! I can't wait to hear all about it. I want to come see you if you're up to it so plllleeeeaaaase let me know!

Michelle Glauser said...

Holy cow that quilt is amazing. I thought stitching together a bunch of t-shirts was impressive, but your skills outflank mine easily. All the best for the upcoming weeks!

Melissa Giles said...

What a cute blanket!!! Wow, I'm impressed. We can't wait to see pictures of your little boy!!!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Cute quilt!

It seems so long ago that I was counting down the days until our baby was born. It will be over soon and your baby will be here!

Trav and Lizzie said...

What the HECK??? Katie, I am so nervous for you! I have thought about you lots and lots, and here it is... you are going to be Mom so soon. I just can't beleive it!

PS. I am scared to death of pregnancy. Heaven help me.

Jennifer said...

That is such a cute quilt! you did such a good job. You should make on for me! ha ha! :)

Patricia said...

wowww they quilt is beautiful!! i would love to learn how to make one of those but it seems so hard to and like it would take lots of time!!
Hope your baby is on his way soon!!!

Jacci said...

that is so cute! you are brave! will you email me your new address please so I can send you a christmas card. Thanks
akagorgeous@hotmail.com

Katie said...

Woo hoo! I LOVE the quilt, and i'm so excited for your peanut. I can't wait to meet him--assuming we can actually get it together and see each other again in this life! LOVE YOU GIRL!!!

Melissa and Allen said...

oh my gosh! you're getting so close! I can't wait to see your little bundle of joy. And your quilt is absolutely gorgeous. Good job! You should start a business! Why after the 13th?

Ariel said...

yyyeaaahhh, Christmas elephants are very festive. Didn't you know that dear Lord baby Jesus' first toy was an tiny elephant carved out of a birch tree?

i'm going to hell.

when can I bring you kids your present?

Tania Jabonero said...

Congrats!! you too it looks great!!oh boy you guys know how to quilt!! I want one!!! ;) I cant wait to see pics from ur little boy!!