Thursday, June 5, 2008

IT'S ALIVE!!!


Science has invented many wonderful things and I've always been glad to have them but I can't remember a time when I appreciated them more than today. This little machine here is a fetal doppler and allows you to hear your unborn child's heartbeat.

Today we had the priviledge of meeting our doctor, who is strange and super nice and we also got to hear our little jellybean's heartbeat. It was going about 180 bpm. From what I hear that's fast and means it's a girl. I guess time will tell.

We're both happy and a little relieved that only one heartbeat was heard.

7 comments:

ashley said...

Wasn't that the best? Hearing that little heartbeat was the most awesome thing especially in those weeks before you can feel the baby move. Congrats!

PS--I took a test called "Intelli-Gender" (I think). It's an at home test that tells you the gender of your baby. It claims to be right like 90% of the time...it worked for me and you can take it starting at 10 weeks.

Kim and Franklin said...

Oh Yay! You can name her Kimmie!!

Nikki said...

Hey! I'm so glad you have a blog, now maybe we can actually stay in touch a little. Congratulations! I hope you're feeling better.

Michelle Glauser said...

I love your blog! Yay!

mary said...

I hope it's a girl!!! That would be so fun!

Melissa and Allen said...

Fun! i love doctors appointments! They make you so excited and convince you that there actually is a human growing inside of you. But my next one is NOT going to be a fun one. I get to get "checked." I'm cringing already. But that means i'm getting close to being done, so that is really really happy. I am still in shock that you're having one too. I pray its a girl because EVERYONE i know is having a boy and that's like 7 or 8 people. Who is my son going to marry if everyone has boys?!?!?

lil sis big sis said...

Katie can I tend your baby when i'm tending my baby sister!!